Here is a list of resolutions I made for 2015.
- Study hard but don’t compare yourself to your classmates. Even if you come up at the bottom rank, you’re still in med school. Clearly, you aren’t stupid! Everyone else is just super smart/no-lifers.
- Get into a professional routine. Yes, that means no more sleeping till 11am during weekends. We all have 24 hours in one day and I want to use all 24 to my maximum potential.
- While we’re talking about routine, let’s shove in some diet and exercise in too.
- At the end of this year, I had better have passed my first year professional examination.
- Make a genuine effort to get to know people.
- Start writing a journal- like, seriously. I bought a journal for 2014 and it’s empty. I’m going to try using the chain-habit routine to try establishing this into a daily habit.
- Get more creative! I need to keep blank sheets with me so if inspiration ever strikes, I’m ready!
- Read more books (this sounds near impossible but hey, can’t I have a few unrealistic goals in here as well?)
- Stay connected with old friends and online friends. It’s no good if I get swamped down by the studying I’ll be doing!
- Work hard, but remember when to relax. And relaxing doesn’t mean ‘taking a half hour long hot shower the day of the examination’. Relaxing means spending the day off, watching movies or going out or actually relaxing, not stressing myself out.
So these are my resolutions for this year. I hope we all get to see this year right to the end. Happy 2015, everyone. ^^